My family

My family

Friday 19 August 2011

Who I am

I should really tell all of you who read this a little bit about myself. I know that there are quite a few of you who do know me so just hang in there!

As you all know, I am a mum to a nearly 4 year old cheeky monkey who turns 4 on Monday, have a husband(poor thing), and a crazy dalmatian(she is nucking futs).  I have just completed my part time HNC in counselling and  am unsure of where to go from here. I was thinking of doing mental health nursing next year as my daughter goes to school (sniff sniff) and taking this year off. As I'm sure you can all see from my previous entries, I take far too much on. But what would I do if I didn't have anything else to do?! This worries me!!!  Oh woe is me. Or , "oh neurotic me"

I also volunteer with the rape crisis center in Glasgow and would like to devote more time to this as well because its something that I feel strongly about, and the women in the center are inspiring and amazing to be around.  I am very lucky that I was taken on as a volunteer and encourage many more women to do the same if you can make a commitment.  I am also looking in to volunteering with a local Glasgow organization who provided me with counselling when I was experiencing PND, through fundraising ,admin or whatever they require assistance with.

I have also started a new job within the NHS, and am still in training. The job will be different to what I have been doing for the past few years and although I struggled in the first week with a change in routine, I am settling in and enjoying the team that I am with. I look forward to starting the job in a few weeks time although quite nervous. I could make a really inappropriate joke about this but in case anyone from work starts reading this I think I shall refrain....

I have had quite a lot of experience within the mental health field , both within educational settings , working in the additional support needs within a  dept of a college here in Glasgow as well as working within the community and through study with the Open University and training courses such as child protection,self harm,ritual abuse, and many others.

I enjoy speaking to people and finding out what they do in life , and I also enjoy things such as the cinema, reading books (understatement, LOVE BOOKS), exercise, travel goiing up to the north of Scotland,walking ,ect ect.

That's a little bit about me,  now I am off to do a bit of Brad Pitt spotting here in glasgow. Have a great day everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment