My family

My family

Friday 26 August 2011

Confused

I was reading a lot of blogs and a lot of information which surrounded the topic of   "how to prevent PND/PPD" which concerned and confused me.

If PND/PPD is a result of a traumatic birth ,incident or hormone imbalance, ect... how on earth can you prevent those from happening? Is it not better to promote information and stop the stigmas associated with it? I may have taken what I read , too literally but imagine how misleading it can be for people who have experienced this before and  thought that they could have prevented it the first time round and therefore start a circle of guilt once again?  is this information not slightly dangerous for those who read it? One site even went as far as to say that we are victims of PND/PPD. Eh, no we aren't, we are SURVIVOR'S! We should feel empowered that we have gone through such a journey and came out as strong women/men! we are not victims at all and I certainly take offense at having another label slapped down on me.

This site also says "enlist in help from someone who can stand to be around for hours" hmmm, so im a problem and my possible PND/PPD is a problem for someone to deal with and take care of? Ha! biggest load of nonsense! Also there was a suggestion of "get a massage once a day" some people don't have that luxury or the money to do it.

I know that people are only trying to help but some of the information which I have been reading, has underlying tones where false promises have been made   Yes , write about what can help when experiencing, but not about how to prevent it because how can you prevent something that you don't know what the cause is?



No comments:

Post a Comment