My family

My family

Sunday 28 August 2011

Something uselful?

I was in the gym this morning an I did a yoga class for the first time in years.  It wasn't at all like I had remembered it to be and I was very happy that I had attended on advice of my friend who came with me.

I often write about the benefits that I have received through exercise especially when going through PND and I really wish that I had found yoga around that time due to it really helping both body and mind.  I actually broke out in a sweat and it helped me as I was sore from last Friday's personal training session. I liked the low lights, the calming music,the attention to concentrate on the moves and the breathing instead of what I still needed to do do today and the rest of the week.  For someone like myself who has a mind which is constantly racing, this was like finding gold.

The biggest surprise was to come at the end of the session when we started stretching our backs ...OMG, it was such a release of tension and I was in tears.  I know this sounds really weird but I really felt a lot of emotion which has built up over the week, release itself from my body.  I was speaking to the instructor afterwards and she told me that it was completely normal and to just "go with it".  I felt so relaxed after it and I could have fallen asleep very soon after. It was such a strange sensation as the start and middle to bear end, i was sweating but at the end I was relaxed and crying! LOL

I would defo recommend as something to try , whether or not stress/anxiety/PND/PPD are a part of your life or not. I cant wait until the next class!




No comments:

Post a Comment