My family

My family

Saturday 13 August 2011

Something very important

As the title says really, there is something important that I would like to do. In the area that I live in there was a group that I attended which put me in touch with other women and also helped in my journey.  They were really very good in boosting morale ect and I cant thank them enough

The only thing that I have to say about it is that it was run by two nurses who hadn't gone through PND.  I realize that this is more of a personal thing and it goes against my training in counselling but I wanted to set up a group or network which is run by people whop have experienced PND , for those who are going through their journey.  I want something that would have more access than the ones run by the NHS as 1 hour a week just isnt enough at times.

A group where you can go have a cup of tea, have guest speakers, motivational speakers, or just for people to come and  talk.  Almost like a drop in center. I know that this would take some doing but I think it is important to have something like this. it could be a place where there are a few volunteers and would have a at least 3 to 4 people on hand staff wise, where they could help and take some of the load off of new mums. A place where if the ironing is getting on top of you that it could be shared amongst the group, or a place where batch cooking could maybe be done to lessen those who are struggling with the day to day things that we all find difficult.  Its a place of non judgement and acceptance.

I know that this is purely in the brain storming phase but I think there may be something in the pipeline.

1 comment: