My family

My family

Monday 29 August 2011

What a great day...

As I was getting ready this morning for volunteering/newspaper interview/work, my daughter came in and said "Mummy, you look beautiful". She has a knack of saying some of the most wonderful things and they really do make a difference to your day. She tells me that she likes the colors that I wear and that when she is older, she wants to wear the same things, cause she wants to look just like me.(we will see)

When I think about the guilt and the early days, it just proves how much I actually didn't do wrong or the "damage" that I thought I had inflicted on her mentally was completely unfounded.   Its times like these (que Foo Fighters song)lol,  that I mustn't be so hard on myself and that with the support of my husband, family and friends we got through it and are raising a very thoughtful and loving little girl. She is not "damaged" at all, she is thriving and despite my fears of the PND affecting her, I have yet to see any evidence of this.  Today with her was a learning experience for me and also a weight off of my shoulders.   I also received a lovely email from one of the girls that i roomed in with when we had our babies. It was very touching to read and thank her for the kind words that she wrote , words which were so very true.

So off I went feeling pretty amazing, to meet with two very inspiring and motivating women , to be interviewed for a newspaper article that will be in the Evening Times here in Glasgow later this month. It was a piece on "Motivating Mum's" , which my friend Margaret Totten is running in Glasgow. It is for parents who are either working from home or starting up a business and find it difficult to attend networking events due to circumstances  , it also has business mum forums,small business support,supportive info ect.  My good friend Cheryl Ryder was also being interviewed for her business which is called "Dribble Delights" and she has created this business for dairy intolerant babies and toddlers , as she has experienced this with all 3 of her children and finds it difficult to find food which are dairy free.  It was then my turn to talk about my experience of PND and how the blog has attracted over 1200 views.  I was slightly nervous at the start but had it not been for the support and belief that these two ladies had in my ability to share , I probably wouldn't have written about this at all!   I watched these two women tell their stories and was inspired by their determination, support,and spirit that they had and look forward to learning from them.   There is a lunch on the 7th September at Esca, which will see Teresa Jackson of "Business Match" speaking  about how she got into business and we will be given the opportunity to network with other small businesses.  The beauty of it is that I will be able to bring my daughter along as it is accepted! Imagine being able to network and have your child there too? This is part of what motivating mums is all about, the opportunity to be supported as a parent but not have to worry about not having childcare.



So off I go to finish an essay...if I get it finished tonight, this will have been a day well spent!







No comments:

Post a Comment