My family

My family

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Working and PND

I was thinking of this topic when reading an article on PND, and wondered if going back to work helped me. I think I did mention before that I went back when my daughter was around 6mnths old. I do think that getting back in to the "real world" as I referred to it, did have an impact on things.  I remember the days thinking, "Thank goodness I only have to stay with my daughter for so many hours today" and I knew I had something to look forward to as life looking after her wasn't all shits and giggles. The tables have turned as now I enjoy having "arts and craft "days, "movie" days or "exploring" days and I resent working at times.  Don't get me wrong, there are still days when I am glad to have work as its a god send for when we aren't necessarily getting along and this happens due to our similar personalities which bring oh so many clashes!

I never thought that I would meet an individual who is as head strong, determined, and cheeky.... and then I had a 4 year old....  Notice I don't include my mother in this? LOL that's a whole other blog in the making but if I value my life, it wont be one until much later...the ugly sisters would kill me for that one :0

Returning to topic at hand, I think work can be a way to let off steam and concentrate on other things which was why I did need it. i am not saying that one must go back to work in order to get through PND, not at all as this is about my experience.  I also had a job which didn't require a lot of responsibility or concentration plus, I had a routine again.. a real one which didn't revolve around feeds and bottles or naps. I was also surrounded by some fun people who didn't have kids which meant conversation was more about every day things .... I wasn't "just"a Mum.

However,as things are much different, I love my role as mother,wife,friend,workmate,student,volunteer and individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment