My family

My family

Friday 9 September 2011

Cosmo says "No" to PND

Just a quick post ... when speaking to a few magazines this morning regarding the blog, Cosmo being one that I have read and do read from time to time, I was interested to hear that they don't deal with stories like mine. Or anything pregnancy related....

They say that the target market for their magazine is "early 20's", I challenged this by saying "but surely you must realize that PND does not choose age or gender and women in their 20's do get pregnant"? to which the response was "its an editorial decision".. Hmm.... I presume and purely going on that first impression... that a lot of the staff within Cosmo(looked at their editorial staffing) that a lot may possibly be women. I wonder how it would go down if one of them happened to go through PND. Would they just not talk about it because the "editor says no"?  Wow!

Talk about women turning their backs on one another...... if taken literally!

I for one will not be buying their magazine anyway, if only for lighting material for our bonfire in the back garden.......

2 comments:

  1. I have never bought a Cosmo in my life. Probably because its image is one that is of an urban, fashion-conscious lifestyle. I don't equate their magazine with a Midwestern mother (as I am) at all. Good for you for trying to branch out, but that particular "No" doesn't surprise me. Keep trying, though. It's a topic that deserves attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to like some of their fashion bits, you know.. looking at clothes that you will never fit in to?LOL I guess I am not surprised by what they said. I'm disappointed by the attitude but as you say, keep on trying! That's what I intend to do and have written to quite a lot of other magazines.. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete